Jelly Fish's Reviews > Gods Behaving Badly

Gods Behaving Badly by Marie Phillips

Apr 27, 12

bookshelves: mythology
Read in July, 2011

The reason I picked up this book was because of the mythological element. Not to mention the cool cover.
If it weren't for that, I would've skipped right over it without a second glance, and I don't think I would've regretted it.
This book is great if you're a Greek mythology fan like me, but to someone who just likes reading... eh, not so much.
I took off one star because if all the sex; I mean, some parts are funny, but did the whole thing have to be so graphic?? Then again, some might enjoy this.
I took off 0.5 because of the kind-of-boringness: not exactly a page-turner unless, once again, you're obsessed with Greek mythology. The main mortal characters are kind of boring, the gods are too predictable (Apollo is completely self-centered, Athena is a total nerd, etc.), the plot wasn't exactly suspenseful either.
The last 0.5 I took off is kind of biased because of my sole reason: NOT ENOUGH HERMES. (him being my favourite god ever and all)
I mean, you see a few pages of him here and there, all of which are pretty important to the plot, but still. You feel like you barely know him, and when it's over you miss him.
Still, this book is really funny sometimes and worth reading and I'd definitely recommend it and read it again (although probably just for the Hermes scenes).
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gods Behaving Badly.