Richard (Rick)'s Reviews > The Alloy of Law

The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson

1204080
Apr 27, 2012

Read in April, 2012

Sanderson is literary crack—he is so addicting! Wow, I had forgotten how good of a writer he is. This book is a sequel to his Mistborn series, and has some great new characters, new magical twists, and great action and mystery. And like the rest of his books, it ends on a cliffhanger. So while he didn't even plan to write this book, now he's on the hook for at least one more! Very fun read.

CONTENT ADVISORY - This book is much less violent and sexual than the Mistborn trilogy, which was nice. There is some swearing (damns and hells) and some innuendo, but that is not really that offensive as much as it is funny.

However, if you read this book, you WILL end up reading the Mistborn trilogy if you haven't. And while that trilogy is amazingly good and ends in a very satisfying way, it is very graphically violent and also pretty sexual (not like a romance novel, but still a lot of discussion of rape as a way of oppressing a people and so on, which just bothers me), more than I would have liked. So be forewarned!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Alloy of Law.