Xiomara's Reviews > Dark Side of Grace

Dark Side of Grace by M.L. Cooper

Dec 08, 12

bookshelves: currently-reading, favorites
Read in April, 2012

This book is amazing! M.L. Cooper perfectly marries the sub-genres of Urban Romance, Paranormal Romance and Horror! The characters are real: the book's dramas are both natural and supernatural and I can't wait for the second book in the series! If you love Walter Mosely's mysteries, Tananarive Due's horrors, the Twilight series and Terry McMillan's novels--and you wished that you could find all four categories of books rolled into one--here it is! This is definitely a series to watch!
8 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Side of Grace.

Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel  (Oh My Shelves) Thanks I will definitely check it out

message 2: by I Be Reading (new)

I Be Reading Thanks for recommending this! Im going to check it out!

message 3: by Cecilia (new) - added it

Cecilia Robert thanks for the recommend. will def check this one out.

message 4: by Kenya (new) - added it

Kenya Wright Can't wait to check it out.

message 5: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva Okay, I don't usually read indie authors, but this book was an AMAZING read! The paranormal plot line was really enhanced by a group of very real and captivating characters. Asha and Rahman's romance was complicated (in a real world kind of way), which made the supernatural mystery that they were thrown into even more dramatic. Not to mention, I really appreciate a paranormal thriller/romance whose characters are Black and Latino (which is uncommon and unusual in the pop paranormal market). I also like that the "natural" horror of the urban/black condition is woven into a supernatural context (very eerie).

I didn't want the story to end, and I'm really anxious to find out what happens next. On www.darksideofgrace.com, the author indicated that the book is a part of a series, so I'm waiting for the next book in the series to be published. I highly recommend this book.

message 6: by Anino (new) - added it

Anino Looks interesting.. Thanks for the recommendation..

★ Codie Papageorgiou ★ Awesome book

Xiomara Have you read it Codie?

★ Codie Papageorgiou ★ Yes, I actually just finished it today. I really liked it! I've never read a book like it before, it was very different and captivating.