Sylvie's Reviews > A Deeper Darkness

A Deeper Darkness by J.T. Ellison

Aug 20, 12

bookshelves: first-reads, signed-books
Read from August 03 to 20, 2012

*I received a signed copy of this book through a Goodreads Giveaway (my first signed book! Thank you so much, J.T.!!!)*

First of all, adult thrillers aren't my usual genre. I like them, but I opt for YA fiction 98% of the time. It was tough for me to finish because it's packed with details that make it a little slow, not to mention about 400 pages long. It's a complex read. There's always something going on, and for me, I couldn't keep track of all the names and the role of each secondary (or tertiary) character. Again, I'm not used to adult thrillers. I'm sure if I had read this book clear-minded I could've been able to remember who's who.

Besides that, the only thing that stops me from recommending this book to everyone is the fact that it contains themes that could be triggering or difficult for some people. It's very deep and dark. The title is extremely fitting.

But it. is. so. amazing. The writing is perfect. Flawless. It's amazing. There's tons of twists, action, and emotion... Perfect combo of everything. Obviously a lot of work and thought went into this book. Ellison is truly a genius. I don't know what else to say. I'm still in awe.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Deeper Darkness.

08/03/2012 page 29