Gwen Huber's Reviews > Timeless

Timeless by Gail Carriger

Apr 27, 12

Timeless by Gail Carriger
I wasn’t sure that the last book of this series could be as good, as funny, or as satisfying, as the other four but I needn’t have worried. It is every bit as good, funny, satisfying, and possibly a smidgeon more so.
Timeless begins as the oldest vampire alive, Queen Matakara, has summoned the Lord and Lady Maccon and their un usual child to Egypt. This is not an invitation that can be declined and it will require the considerable resources of Ivy of the gaudy hats (code name Puff Bonnet), and the Tunstell Theatre Troupe, as well as the Maccon’s household.
The Ruffled Parasol inducts another member (the Wingtip Spectator) into the Parasol Protectorate, the butler is up to something, a new Beta Is chosen, and a Preternatural toddler is a nearly impossible challenge for everyone to handle.
I adored that every character in the story, including the baby, had an agenda and I am absolutely in awe of how the author wrapped up the story in a way I couldn’t predict. I closed the cover laughing, and still have a great taste on my tongue from this wonderful tale.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Timeless.