Jennifer's Reviews > Branded

Branded by Keary Taylor

F 50x66
Apr 28, 12

Read from April 27 to 28, 2012

Somehow I was expecting a completely different story, perhaps one of the formulaic plots that seem so prevalent in this genre, and am so glad I was wrong. Taylor's angels are not what one would consider to be the norm - they are scary, they are judgmental, they torment Jessica nightly in her dreams to the point where she foregoes sleep to avoid their horror. Alone and deemed crazy, she tries desperately to escape her fate of horror filled dreams believing she cannot possibly have contact with others, she becomes the closest thing to a hermit that modern society can imagine. That is until Alex returns to his grandparents home and turns her world on its ear. Suddenly the dreams change, her world is no longer the horror she is accustomed to, but a new form of terror unfolds as the twists in the plot deepen.

The fast paced action and dialogue will keep you turning pages, and up for hours, leaving you to wonder if insomnia is so bad after all. The characters are fairly well developed, and I look forward to learning more about them in the next installment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Branded.