Angela Oliver's Reviews > Fake Kate

Fake Kate by David Wailing

Apr 27, 12

bookshelves: chicklit, self-published, contemporary
Read in April, 2012

At first this read like a chick-lit novel - very convincingly written by a man. The dates were amusing, Team Kate was awesome and it was very entertaining. I even found myself drawn into the chapter about House music - a genre I am not fond of, but now I believe I understand a wee bit more! The characterisations were spot-on - especially the scruffy "kiwi man". I couldn't help it, I loved Ben, maybe because he hails from the same country as me? And it amused me how Belinda considered his accent. I wonder if I sound like that? Because I had some forewarning that the ending would take an unexpected twist, I was not entirely surprised when it did, although how it actually did captured me somewhat unawares. I had several preconceptions about what may have happened, but since there are several "red herring" twists thrown in, I would say Wailing had me some befuddled. I too found the final chapters disorientating and will confess that I skim read through the scenes in the concert hall. Too many words and not enough of them dialogue, I guess.

And, thanks to this book I now have a headache - the curse of reading too late into the night under the poor artificial lighting in the bedroom. I guess even upsizing the kindle's print couldn't rememdy that... And an entire morning wasted as I had to finish it! Thanks Wailing, you kept me entertained ^^
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fake Kate.