Liza's Reviews > Daughter of Smoke & Bone

Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor

Apr 29, 12

bookshelves: classroom-library, favorite, young-adult-fantasy, young-adult, angels
Read from April 27 to 29, 2012

What can you not say about this epic novel? This is the reason why people write in the third person. She puts to shame several other writers, whom I have doted on, before the end of the second chapter. Karou is a girl trying to discover the secret behind her life as she has a dual life one in Prague as an art student and another as a collector of teeth for her adopted Chimera family.

Enter Akiva, an angel, with secrets of his own, and Karou's life takes a sharp turn as she discovers truths about herself while relishing in this new knowledge.

This story is one that will creep back into your memory over and over again, because the cast and plot, make it impossible to forget. I will be waiting desperately for the sequel now.

For the record the book blurb and book cover do not do the book justice. I think I'm a Laini Taylor fan for life now.
Likeflag