Ellen W-S's Reviews > Golden Trail

Apr 27, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: contemporary-romance, kindle-bk, read-in-2012
Read from May 07 to 16, 2012

I really struggled to finish this one. There was too many subplots to keep straight, the bad cop, the prostitution ring, the bad coach, the crooked live-in of the ex-wife, the not so-ex-husband. Loved the family dynamic though and I loved At Peace so there was enough back characters that I was interested in that I kept going. I loved the boys, Jasper and Tripp in the book, Devin and Ryker too. Lots of great character chemistry, I even liked the Hero point of view change up but I didn't always like how he talked Rocky into seeing things from his skewed perspective. Another good man though so, another great heroine too. Loved the wrap up at the end, the epilogue was worth the read. Still a KA Junky.....only 3 books down and soo many more to enjoy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Golden Trail.

05/08/2012
12.0% "Written From Tanner Layne's (hero) point of view not rocky's (heroine). Interesting change. Not loving these characters yet but I am sure they will grow on me. They always seem to."
05/11/2012
47.0% "Trouble with this book too. Like first book, layne speaks in sentences that have beginning chopped off. Having trouble with cheese factor of "sweet cheeks" too. Layne also tries to convince Rocky of things when he knows he is full of shit and silly. That makes Rocky seem weak and stupid."
05/14/2012
75.0% "So many sub plots... This book is really long"
05/14/2012 "Want to like this book but cannot rave about it yet the books are like potato chips can't stop with one or three even!"
05/14/2012
79.0% "Wondering when it will end long complicated plots, church guy, ex husband, ex- wife w/ enforcer live in. Devin and Ryker come out of nowhere as characters. This one is getting longer not closer to the end. Gonna need the epilogue to be good."

Ellen W-S Layne also interrupts Rocky constantly throughout the book, I find myself curious as to what she was going to say. I like the sons and their interaction with Layne. Supporting characters more like able than main ones. Really, Rocky doesn't know why she left Layne 18 years ago... Really? Not believeable since the both were devastated by their breakup. Want to like this book but cannot rave about it yet the books are like potato chips can't stop with one or three even!

Ellen W-S Another KA plus for me is that the characters aren't 21. Their lives include exes and kids. They have a little mileage but still have alot to offer and it makes me feel great in my 40's.

KatLynne Another great review Ellen! Have you read Heaven and Hell? It's a stand alone that I really enjoyed.

Ellen W-S No, not yet but I own it on the kindle. I have been a little obsessive buying kindle books. It is too easy to buy and they don't nag me to read them as if they were sitting on a shelf! Have you read the Law Man series yet? As I said, these books are like potato chips, you can't have just one!

KatLynne Ellen W-S wrote: "No, not yet but I own it on the kindle. I have been a little obsessive buying kindle books. It is too easy to buy and they don't nag me to read them as if they were sitting on a shelf! Have you re..."

LOL...so true Ellen:) I loved the Dream Man series. Mystery Man was fabulous as well as Law Man. In MM Hawk is another OTT alpha and I.Loved.Him!!! Law Man you will meet Mitch and he is the kind of hero everyone dreams of. Loved it!

Ellen W-S Ok looking forward to all of them!