Itzel 's Reviews > Darkfever

Apr 27, 2012

liked it
Recommended to Itzel by: Goodreads
Read from May 02 to 15, 2012

Darkfever was exactly how I expected it to be. On one side, it's a pageturner and the fae's(faries) were definitely a breath of fresh air. They weren't cute and cuddly, they were evil and sex-driven. I loved that Karen drew another picture for faries and turned them into dark creatures. Brownie points for her.

Although, I loved the faries(as ugly and revoluting as they were). I felt the novel was missing something vital. Don't get me wrong, I really liked this book. I loved Mac, her attitude, her love for her murdered sister had me rooting for her. Jericho was to be expected, and I liked him as well.

But I still felt that the novel was missing something. And the plotline intrigued me enough, it was remarkable and pretty awesome that Mac did all she could to find her sister's murderer. But I felt that the end of the middle and the end were lacking in plot. And the ending was too erupt, it felt like Karen suddenly ended the book for us to go grab the next one.

Aside for the plot lacking, they were some times I felt punching Jericho. Other than that, this book was a huge treat and I deeply enjoyed it. I hope Karen moves the pace faster on the sequel. The slow pace of the beginning was getting to me.

Other than that, this book was awesome. Looking forward to the next one.

Three Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkfever.