Travis's Reviews > The Feasts of Lesser Men

The Feasts of Lesser Men by Stephen Parrish

Apr 27, 12

Read in March, 2012 — I own a copy

I am a character man. Sure plot is important but without rich, vivid and memorable characters a story is but one thing ... forgettable.

Mr Parrish has created a novel that is anything but forgettable. Stocked full of well-honed, but certainly flawed characters, the author has created a novel that will quicken your heart as often as it brings a smile to your face. The humor is often subtle and sneaks up on you much in the same manner as your affinity for the main character, Private First Class, but soon-to-be-corporal, Jimmy Fisher. Fisher is not your average protagonist. Matter of fact he would be downright unlikable if you knew only the paper fats of his character, but Mr Parrish gives us, his readers, much more the the bare facts of this rich characters. he gives us the heart and sole of PFC Fisher and in doing so makes us care. The plot is solid and the facts and era are just as well delivered but like all great books it is the characters (not just Fisher, but all of them)that make this a book worthy of your time and money. You will want to read it more than once.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Feasts of Lesser Men.