Elysium's Reviews > Magic Burns

May 25, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: books-i-own, urban-fantasy, read-in-2012
Read in May, 2012

Someone stole maps from the pack and Kate promised as a favour to retrieve them. Some mysterious guy just keeps getting into her way and tries to stop her. Kate meets young girl and helps Julie to find her missing mother. And sparks continue to fly between Kate and Curran.

I really like Kate and she’s a great heroine. She can seriously kick ass and she stands up to Curran, the Best Lord of Shapeshifters. They annoy the crap out of each other but you can see there’s something between them. I love that it’s not love/lust at first sight-kind of thing between them.

I can see myself becoming total Curran fangirl but I can’t help myself! I wish there was more Curran and I love the interaction between him and Kate.

“Not only will you sleep with me, but you will say ‘please.’”
I stared at him, shocked.
The smile widened. “You will say ‘please’ before and ‘thank you’ after.”

Pg. 184

More Curran for me, please!

I was happy to see Derek again. It will be interesting to see how far he will climb because he showed power growing.

And I hope we learn more about Kate and her powers. Things are hinted but never explained and I hope we get some answers at some point.

I liked the book and can’t wait to see what way the books will go. I’ve heard the books get only better so can’t wait!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Burns.

05/23/2012 page 146