Laurian's Reviews > Down These Strange Streets

Down These Strange Streets by George R.R. Martin

Apr 30, 12

bookshelves: short-stories, vampires, fantacy, mystery, historical-fiction, horror, zombies, fiction
Read from April 27 to 30, 2012

I put a whole bunch of Charlaine Harris compilation books on my Amazon Wishlist. And, given, that I am one of the worst people to buy a gift for, I usually end up getting those items with frequency around Christmas and my birthday time. This was one of those gifts, along with a few others that have been popping up on my book log. I’m not proud of the fact that I can and will read every book that Harris has a piece of writing in. But, I have accepted the fact, and I am moving on with my life.

I generally enjoyed the whole book. Of course, I enjoyed Harris’s story. I think the editors did a good job with how the stories moved from one to the other.

The stories were long - some of them hitting around the 70 page mark! Most were around 30 pages, and that felt about right for a short story in this book. Each story had to have a little mystery and be set in an urban landscape that has some kind of magic in it. All stories hit that mark.

However, I primarily only liked the female authors in this set. And, all of those female authors were people who I was already familiar with. Since the whole reason I read short story books (apart from to read Harris) is to try and discover new authors I might like, I was a little disappointed. Oh well. On to the next book I have to keep my mind off of these painful life killing contractions.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Down These Strange Streets.