Victoria Hamel's Reviews > Socialpunk

Socialpunk by Monica Leonelle

Apr 27, 12

Read in April, 2012

Socialpunk was very enjoyable. It was a fast and quick ride. I am a big fan of books featuring a heroine with the "Can Do Spirit". These girls have doubts about themselves, but they don't let that stop them. They see the big picture and they move forward. Ima reminded me of a couple of my favorite protagonists of late, Sookie Stackhouse and Katniss Everdeen. The author did a nice job of catching me with the prologue and keeping me guessing as to what was real and what was virtual reality throughout the book.

My "Hey What a Cool Idea" moment occured when the characters slide down a pole (i.e a fireman's pole) to get from one floor of a high rise to another in this very 'green' world. I also enjoyed the social commentary of a society where it isn't money that matters, instead your worth is all about how much you can influence others.

Finally, I really liked the way the first book ended. The stage is set for the second installment and we had a character revelation that was unexpected--and a road less traveled.

If you enjoyed The Hunger Games and are looking for a good read for your ereader--this is a great choice.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Socialpunk.