Jessica's Reviews > If You Give A Girl A Viscount

If You Give A Girl A Viscount by Kieran Kramer

Apr 28, 2012

bookshelves: romance
Read from April 27 to 28, 2012

This is more like 4.75 out of 5. Probably the best Kieran Kramer book I read to date.

I don't know what it was about this story but I found it utterly enchanting. Daisy Montgomery, our heroine, has just the right touch of sweet baffling honesty and innocent charm to unfurl her personality right off the pages and into your imagination. Coupled with jaded, devil-may-care Charlie and you have a love pair set to steal your hearts.

The book takes place in Scotland and it's the last in the Impossible Bachelors series. Charlie is the lone bachelor holding desperately to his unmarried status among his three well-loved friends when he is foisted on the adventure of his life. Left penniless by his parents' ultimatum, he chooses a recourse by taking to the road to answer a letter written by one of his grandmother's "many" goddaughters. Little does he know what awaits him in Scotland.

Kramer crafts these characters wonderfully, doing a nice allusion to Cinderella but allowing for some well-crafted suspense as well. The dialogue is authentic and touching; I found myself marking many pages to go back and re-read. The ending (pre-epilogue) was in some ways, rushed and almost far too unrealistic but this I find to be the plight of many romance writers. She did craft a great epilogue, longer than most romances, to really tie together Charlie and Daisy's relationship. I would totally recommend this book, knowing that whoever reads it will find a lovely new author to follow in the world of romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If You Give A Girl A Viscount.