Melanie Atkinson's Reviews > The False Prince

The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen

Apr 27, 12

I'm not going to give a synopsis of the book because it's provided in other places. Instead, I am going to RAVE about the greatness of this book.
I wasn't a huge fan of the cover art and I picked it up somewhat hesitantly at the library thinking it might be appropriate for one of my sons.
When I finally sat down to read it days after checking it out, I was hooked immediately. That was this morning. It's midnight now. In spite of the fact that I still have massive editing to do on my own manuscript and query letter (Will I ever get it right?), four kids to take care of, and an embarrassingly messy house, I shoved it all aside to read about Sage and his fight for the throne.
I have to admit, I knew early on what was going to happen. However, because the story was so engaging, well written, and interesting, it didn't matter. I wanted to stay with the main character through it all and find out how he made out in the end.
So, major kudos to Ms. Nielsen. She knows her craft well. This was an awesome work of fiction and one of my new favorites. I will be waiting impatiently for the second installment. In the meantime, I'll be purchasing my own copy of "The False Prince".

For those wondering, there is a little bit of violence and some death. However, there is no bad language and I found the book entirely age appropriate.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The False Prince.