Bookworms's Reviews > Beyond the Highland Mist

Beyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning

Jun 24, 2012

Read in June, 2012

After I read the Fever series and was very excited from this author I feel a little bit... odd. The Highlander series isn't that what I expected from Karen Marie Moning. Well, maybe my hope was that it's similar to Fever series but it isn't. Ok now it doesn't plays in Ireland but in Scotland which is a similiar country (I know it because I visited both countries this year). It was interesting to read this book during our holidays in Scotland because it was no problem for me to imagine the castle and the world of the Highlander Hawk. It seems that the author has done good research about the life in Scotland during this century.
Well the story is ok but not so exciting. The book lives of the cat and mouse game between Hawk and Adrienne. She wants him but say no because he looks so adoreable and she has a bad past. He had every day another woman but as he see her he don't want any other woman anymore. Yeah, well, a lot books are written by that. Maybe that was the reason that I don't like it very much. The characters were good written and interesting.
I think that the series will be good but the start was a little bit tricky and boring. Sure I give this great author another chance but this book can't satisfy me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beyond the Highland Mist.