Joli's Reviews > Zero

Zero by Tom Leveen

May 01, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012, books-i-won, reviewed
Read from April 26 to May 01, 2012

I have pretty much gushed over all of the books that I've read recently, but I can't help it. They have just been so fantastic and now Tom Leveen's Zero can be added to the bunch. Amanda, aka Zero, just don't call her Amy, is a main character that is easy to relate to. She's a little awkward, a bit unsure, a big dreamer, but needs that little boost of confidence that no one has given her and she can't seem to find within herself.

Amanda has just graduated from high school and as her summer plans have been set off track, her friendship with her one friend is on the rocks, so she takes some steps to make her own way. First by approaching the super-cute drummer of the ska-punk band, Gothic Rainbow - a bold move she never imagined herself doing. As their relationship blossoms, she begins to take more chances - with her friendships, with her art, and with her relationships with her parents.

This was a fun book to read too with many highs, many lows. Laugh out loud moments, oh my gosh - I can't believe that happened moments. Sweet, tender kisses, and some hot, steamy romance - seriously. There's music and mosh pits and Amanda's art. One wish that I for this book is that it was illustrated - I could imagine Amanda's art, but I wanted to SEE it.

Zero is another book I will be recommending here and to my friends. This contemporary read is where it's at.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Zero.

04/29/2012 page 85
04/30/2012 page 205
67.0% "another book I'm just loving."