Debbie (at) I Heart YA Books's Reviews > Touched

Touched by Cyn Balog

Touched is an emotional gripping novel. I love Cyn Balog’s novels and her writing style. I haven't read all of her novels, but the ones I have are fantastic. Balog writes with humor and tenderness of the heart. I love that she adds a funny sarcastic side to Nick's personality that I enjoyed so much. I have to say that the main character Nick is what I love most about this novel. I laughed, cried, and got angry right along with Nick.

Nick is seventeen, and ever since he was four he’s heard a voice inside his head telling him: "You Will". You will do this and you will do that…and he has to do what the voice tells him so he can stay on course and follow the script that shows him his future, or he’ll start cycling, which is not a good thing for Nick. Nick knew the day he chose to disobey the You Will voice and save Taryn's life instead of Emma’s that it was going to be very bad. He just saved the very girl that is the reason why he's cursed.

Taryn is the girl that Nick loves, but she’s also the girl he needs to stay away from. When Nick is with Taryn, his future just keeps getting more off script. And what's worse is the future he now sees for himself and Taryn. Nick and Taryn are each other’s curse, and no matter how hard Nick try's to change their future the worse it becomes for him and Taryn and the future he fears will become his pass.

Touched is a intriguing supernatural with great characters. You’ll shed a few tears for Nick and Taryn's cursed love. I recommend Touched as a wonderful read that will touch your heart.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touched.