Videoclimber(AKA)MTsLilSis's Reviews > The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb

The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb by Melanie Benjamin

Apr 26, 12

bookshelves: circus, should-have-been-better
Read in April, 2012

I truly wanted to like this story more than I did. Most of it was very repetative. I felt as if I was reading the same lines over and over again. I did find Vinnie's imagained life to be an interesting read. My favorite parts were the relationship between her and Minnie and her and Barnum. I felt the book could have been much shorter and still gotten its point across. It also could have been more exciting. Parts of the story were boring and really unneeded to advance the story. I hated the intermissions. I understand that they were added so that the author could include some history but I felt that they were not related enough to what was going on in the story to warrant being included at all. I liked parts and hated parts so I am torn on this one. I know it had the potential to be a much better story. I believe it would have benefitted from some editing. I did appreciate the fact that the author included a list of books that had more about Vinnie. I may look into them as I do find the circus fascinating.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb.