Debbie Smith's Reviews > Wrecked

Wrecked by Anna Davies

F 50x66
Apr 27, 2012

liked it

For me 'Wrecked' was a novel that seemed to have a plot line with a lot of interesting potential. When I was chosen to receive an advance reading copy of it from Goodreads I was eager to see if it would live up to its potential. In some ways it did, especially in the use of paranormal characters such as the between men and the sea witch. It also started quickly with the boat explosion and mysterious rescue of the main female character. However the overall tone of the book was too dark, with a pervasive feeling of hopelessness. There were also plot devices that didn't make sense, such as everyone blaming Miranda for the death of her friends and hating her for it. Why? It was never adequately explained. I wanted to like this book but I just couldn't get past the unexplained actions of many of the characters and the unrelenting feeling of hopelessness conveyed with nary a glimmer of a light at the end of the darkness. I guess I could recommend this book if you are a person who enjoys teen angst taken to its most intense level other than that I think I would advise you to pass this novel by.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wrecked.