Tiffany's Reviews > Starters

Starters by Lissa Price

May 26, 12

bookshelves: 2012-debut-authors, debut-author-challenge
Read from May 16 to 25, 2012

Starters, the debut novel by Lissa Price and the first in a planned series, takes place in a time when the world is populated by Starters, young kids, and Enders, old people. There are no adults between. This is due to the Spore Wars. Since children and the elderly are considered the most vulnerable they got vaccines, everyone else dies. This caused a lot of problems, including leaving Callie and her brother Tyler to fend for themselves on the streets. To make some money Callie decides to pay a visit to Prime Destinations, or the body bank as it's referred to. The body bank rents out the bodies of teens to old people who want to be young again. But Callie's rental does not go as planned. She wakes up on the floor of a club with no idea how she got there or what she was doing. Luckily someone is there to help. But Madison thinks that Callie is a renter like her. So that's what Callie pretends to be. But then she starts hearing a voice in her head, her renter's, telling Callie not to go back to Prime Destinations. All of the sudden Callie is caught up in a plan that she doesn't quite understand. Will she be able to put all the pieces together before it's too late?

I wasn't really sure how much I was going to like this book when I first started reading it. The whole concept is a bit on the creepy side. But the more I read the more into it I got. By the end I couldn't put the book down. There is a lot going on and at some points it can be too much to follow but it also makes the story that much less predictable. I was constantly on the edge of my seat trying to guess how things were going to play out.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Starters.