Michelle's Reviews > Dead Witch Walking

Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison

May 04, 12

bookshelves: 2012-reads
Read from April 26 to May 04, 2012

When Rachel Morgan, a Inderland Security employee, decides to quit her job as a runner and go into business for herself, she finds herself on the wrong side of the law.

I'll admit that I wasn't thrilled with the first few chapters of this book. I didn't care for the main character (too snarky) or the setting (way too complicated). However, by the third chapter, I was hooked. The hard-boiled detective voice of the novel won me. Rachel turned out to have a soft spot (several, actually), and her sidekick Jinx the pixie was one of my favorite characters.

The book is pretty grim in spots, and Rachel takes her share of abuse at the hands of the bad guys, but she's tough and has plenty of back up to help her through. I enjoyed the fact that, although there was a bit of a romance, it didn't overpower the story. Also, there were plenty of action scenes that made me want to read on.

I'm definitely looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Witch Walking.

04/26/2012 page 50
12.0% "It's funny that this book begins with a leprechaun since my hubby is always bugging me to write a book about leprechauns, lol." 8 comments
04/29/2012 page 100
24.0% "I'm starting to get into this book now which is great. I love the part about the church, lol."
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Andrea Heltsley This is one of the best series ever! It is even one of my hubbies favorites and he doesn't really read. I hope you enjoy it:)

Michelle That's good to know! I'll have to make sure to loan this book to my hubby, lol. I admit that I wasn't loving it, but now that I'm further in, I'm really starting to enjoy it.