Lauren's Reviews > Misfortune Cookie

Misfortune Cookie by Michele Gorman

May 20, 12

Read from April 26 to May 20, 2012

This was my first book by Michele Gorman. I have read many different chick lit authors, and Michele fits right in, but in a unique way.

"Misfortune Cookie" was an easy read. The story was interesting to keep the reader entertained, but not so complex that one needed to be in a quiet room to enjoy. I really liked how the story took place in Hong Kong instead of L.A., London, or New York City. Most other stories feature those cities exclusively, and it was a nice change of pace to read about another major city in the world and the culture that goes along with it. It was even better to read about an average girl moving to Hong Kong and her reaction to a new city. The descriptions of the atmosphere were great, since I have never visited Hong Kong.

The main character irritated me, but in the end redeemed herself. This is my usual reaction for the main characters in chick lit, as they are often flawed.

Overall, I would recommend this book to someone who wanted an easy read for the pool, beach, or gym, but wanted something a little different from other chick-lit books out there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Misfortune Cookie.