Anthony's Reviews > Slash

Slash by Slash

Sep 03, 08

bookshelves: to-read
Recommended for: Gun's N' Roses fans, Slash fans

I love rock. Real rock. Not Hannah Montana pop stuff but rock. Some good bands are Guns N' Roses, Van Halen, Kiss, Velvet Revolver, Metallica, Jimi Hendrix, and Queen. Those are probably my favorites. Slash is in two of those bands I have mentioned above, Velvet Revolver and Guns N' Roses and he is probably the BEST GUITARIST EVER, Ediie Van Halen though is part of my favorite band so he gets more praise.
Yea, you favorite band doesn't have to be the one with your favorite guitarist or singer. It is called a BAND for a reason.
Slash is a book I want to read because I like hearing about people's childhoods and this is an auto-biography of him! Accurate not un-accurate.

NOTES: You are NOT a fan of a band if you heard one song of them on Guitar Hero or Rock Band and liked it. You are a fan of the SONG. Also don't tell me their your favorite band because of one song for the same reason. To like a band you should like at least 5 songs, and a name of an album they recorded.Finally, you are not a fan of the band if you like one guitar or drum solo you are a fan of the guitarist or drummer.

7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slash.

message 1: by Hooters (new)

Hooters Rocks oh my god

message 2: by Joe (new)

Joe y do u make it so long? people dont wanna read all that

message 3: by Joe (new)

Joe idk y i clicked yes for did i like this review

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dave Mustaine and Kirk Hammett are WAY better than Slash.

message 5: by Anthony (new) - added it

Anthony Please, Dave and Kirk are not even in the same zip code as Slash. Slash is such a cool nickname.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah You're right, they're not in the same zip. Slash is on Earth, and Dave and Kirk are in heaven, being godlier than Slash.

message 7: by Anthony (new) - added it

Anthony You have a point there.
There is NO WAY they are better than Slash.

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Oh please. There's a good reason why One is on a later tier than Welcome to the Jungle in GH3.

message 9: by Anthony (new) - added it

Anthony Sure one song,
try this
1. Sweet Child O' Mine
2. Paridise City
3. Don't Cry
4. November Rain
5. Welcome to the Jungle
All of those songs have noteable guitar solos.
And that is just with Guns N' Roses. I can make another list for Velvet Revolver if you'd like.

message 10: by Anthony (new) - added it

Anthony Also who gets to be called Slash instead of Saul?
Kirk, Dave, please there is a Kirk in our school and a Dave in our high school, no Slashes.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Fine, I'll listen to them. YOU try this:

3. Poison Was The Cure
4. Vortex
5. FFF

message 12: by Anthony (new) - added it

Anthony I listened only 1 or 2 were better than the songs I listed. (Guitar wise)

Charlie great book i got it

message 14: by Lisa (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa how is this a review? it's a statement of why you want to read the book. Reviews are supposed to be what you liked or disliked about the book. But seeing as you mentioned your High School, I am guessing you are still a kid and therefore no nothing about what you even doing.Read the book, then tell us why you liked it.