Ema Volf's Reviews > Guardian

Guardian by Gillian Joy

Apr 26, 12

bookshelves: books-i-could-read-1000-times

I must admit I had a hard time putting this book down. Gillian Joy did a fantastic job weaving actual events into this fictional story.

We are first introduced to Hannah and her mother, who have an intriguing (and at times heart-wrenching) relationship. The death of her mother threw her through a loop just as she was learning how to be the guardian of the supernatural world.

While she lost her way for a while, she spent a long time getting her life back on track. I don't want to ruin too much if the story, but finding out that some people from her old life survived really made my day!

The different species of supernatural beings also caught (and kept) my attention. This story has witches, werewolves, vampires, nephilim, fairies, and angels! Some of my favorite things!

I have to say, the wait for the next book is going to be a very long one, and I'll be picking this book up again for several rereads in the future! It has everything! Fantastic characters, intriguing storyline, awkward love triangles, heartwarming relationships of all kinds, and several questions I will have a hard time waiting for the next book to have answered!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Guardian.