Rain ~miss kinky knickers~'s Reviews > The Governess Affair

7194135
May 01, 2012

bookshelves: historical-romance, novella
Read from April 30 to May 01, 2012

Let me tell you - if this series turns out to be half as good as the prequel, it's gonna rock!

I love it! So much, you won't hear one single word about how short this is, and how there's no room for development, and... Nope. Not a single word.

Serena Barton is ruined. She lost her position, and since she's unable to find another employment, she comes to the man who's responsible to demand compensation. As characters go, this was the best description of weak, selfish, petty duke I've read.
Since the Duke of Clermont is as selfish, weak and egoistical, he turns to his man of business to solve the problem. His man of business happens to be Hugo Marshall - the Wolf of Clermont - ambitious and merciless man.
And, that's when all the fun begins.

Both Serena and Hugo are incredible. Their characters are perfectly written. I love the way they dance around each other, and I'm absolutely amazed how Ms. Milan succeeded to show so much of their personalities in such a short (well, it is less than 100 pages) space.
Their interactions, correspondence, that pin game...

Okay, I suppose you get it! I love it! Don't miss it!
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Governess Affair.

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~ It's amazing, Baba!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Nice review, Rain! Will have to read it too!

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~ Thanks, Baba! I think you'll like it!

Erika Okay, I definitely can feel your love from here! :D Wonderful review Rain! I already bought it few days ago when I read a five stars review from one of my friends. She loved this book. With you it makes two of my closest GR friends who loved it so much. I suppose I have to read it soon ;)

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~ That's what I was hoping for! :D Thanks, Erika dear! Yes, make sure you do read it (and keep me posted). I really hope you'll like it. :)

Erika Soon, promise ;P Will do!