Tina's Reviews > T-R-O-U-B-L-E

T-R-O-U-B-L-E by Sable Hunter

Apr 26, 12

bookshelves: kindle-read
Read from April 26 to 28, 2012

This is the first book that I've read from Sable, but it will definitely not be my last. I did not want to stop reading, my attention was pulled back to this story whenever I had to put it down. You are drawn into the characters emotions so well that you can almost feel what they do. Texas Heat has nothing to do with the temperature outside...

Cooper Lawson had a horrible marriage that lasted three long years. Living through abuse, both mental and physical has caused her to keep to herself and trust no one. Her husband has been dead for almost two years and she still lives with the fear of being found by his family, causing her to hide and have no trust in men. There is only one problem she has and that's being lonely. Her only pleasure is watching her neighbor work outside when she drives by, but that's about to change. Cooper is ready to put the past behind her and move on.

Kyler(Ky) Landon has the reputation of a ladies man and he is not ashamed of it. But, now he is tired of being alone and is starting to think of settling down and it doesn't have to be by marriage.
Ky lives on the land next to Cooper, but he has never seen her. He knows someone watches him from a car as it drives by, but he can not see who it is. He is about to find out. As Cooper is passing by while he is working outside and sees a rattle snake getting ready to strike. She gets out and draws it's attention away from Ky so he can kill it, the only problem she has is not moving fast enough and the snake gets her instead.

While Ky takes care of Cooper his feelings for her start to grow and he wants more from her. Can she forget the past to try to find some kind of relationship with this man? As strange things start happening to her, Ky becomes more protective over her. Then they find papers that incriminate Cooper's dead husband and now stranger things start happening to Ky.

Can they both get over things from the past in time to tell each other how they feel before it's too late, or will Cooper's past come back to destroy her?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read T-R-O-U-B-L-E.