Coranne's Reviews > Song of My Heart

3520669
Apr 26, 2012

liked it
Read in April, 2012

The Cover: I don't like this cover. I want to- I really do. I love the colors and how the model is standing- but I don't like the model. She is very pretty, but not what I imagine Sadie to look like. Sadie is described as angelic and very beautiful- I imagine have very small feminine features. The model on this book just doesn't line up for me. I don't know if it is the hand, the expression the model has, or the lack of hair- but it isn't my favorite cover.

The Characters: Sadie, Sadie, Sadie. I like you; I dislike you. I want to like you, I really do. But you seem to have absolutely no backbone or will of your own. For someone who has traveled across the country to support your family- you really have very little courage to stand up for what is right. I wanted to like you more, I really did- but I'm sorry Sadie, you didn't seem to grow at all in this book. Thad was a dashing hero, but wasn't without his own set of problems. I left the end of the story still not really knowing anything about Thad. I wanted to root for him, but I didn't know much of his history- so much was hinted at but never actually told. And Asa Baxter- you are skeevy.

The Story: This was not my favorite Christian fiction novel. It had all the trappings of a good novel, but I simply couldn't get 'in" to the characters. They were not characters that I was really wanting to root for. I was interested in the story until the very end when Sadie saw someone close to her shoot and kill another person- does she do the right thing and turn them in? No, she doesn't say anything. That's not right and doesn't fit her character at all. I was pretty disappointed in this story. It was a decent book, but far from my favorite.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Song of My Heart.