Heather Tisdale's Reviews > Dark Kiss

2003692
Apr 27, 12

bookshelves: arc
Read from April 26 to 28, 2012

What if one kiss could turn your world upside down? That's what happens to Samantha. One minute she's a normal teenager, the next she's thrown into a world of supernatural chaos.
I'd spend more time summarizing, but the most important thing about this book was that I just didn't care about the plot. I love Michelle Rowen. Even though she may not be the greatest author out there, her books have always had great humor and/or characters that I really enjoy reading about. Prior to this book, I've been behind her 100%. I wish I could say the same here. While Dark Kiss was fraught with danger at times, I didn't feel any of the suspense. Sadly, I just didn't connect with the work and felt like the plot was mediocre at best.
That all being said, I think that younger YA readers could really buy into this story. Middle school students and younger high school kids would probably enjoy the plot. I don't foresee them having the same problems that I did. They'll notice the lack of tension that just grabs you doesn't let go, but I think that overall they'll have fun with it and give this series a shot.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Kiss.