Linda's Reviews > The Murderer's Daughters

The Murderer's Daughters by Randy Susan Meyers

Apr 26, 2012

Read in March, 2012

I had a feeling this book was going to be one of those that stuck with me long after I finished reading it. It is inconceivable to most that someone could injure or kill their child. Merry & Lulu, the two little girls this story is about not only witness their mothers murder, but one of them is savagely attacked by their own father. Because of their selfish, abusive father, these two sisters grow up shuffling between foster homes & relatives as well as living in constant fear that their father will be released from prison. Lulu feels terribly guilty for her mothers murder and feeling like she didn't protect her sister from her father, while Merry is confused about her feelings towards her father, which aren't what she or anyone would expect considering what he has done.
Randy Susan Meyers has created two memorable daughters, memorable for their courage and ability to seize life and survive their family's worst nightmare with humor and determination, anger and forgiveness. A fantastic debut for this author!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Murderer's Daughters.