Christy B's Reviews > Every Secret Thing

Every Secret Thing by Emma Cole

1204629
Nov 27, 12

bookshelves: fiction, mystery, historical-fiction, favorites, wwii
Read from April 26 to 30, 2012

There are going to be more books with these characters, right? RIGHT? Because I need there to be!

Ahem, anyway, yes, I loved this book. It had everything, really: history, mystery, romance, and sadness. Yes, there was some achingly sad parts, I almost shed a tear.

Kate is in England covering a murder trial when she meets an old man named Andrew Deacon. This sets her off on a path involving his connection to her grandmother, their pasts, and some shady business that went on during WWII. People are turning up dead, people are following Kate, and she expects to be next.

Kate changes her appearance and jet sets from Canada, to Portugal, to London, to America, and sometimes more than once. She meets people who worked with her grandmother and Deacon during WWII, and through their memories, finds herself transported to a different time, filled with secrets and shady dealings.

All the parts to this book were neatly woven together and the story flowed well. As far as the mystery goes, I loved how things started to unfold bit by bit, and by the end, everything fit together. The characters were engaging, and I loved Kate as a protagonist. I hope there's a sequel in the future!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Every Secret Thing.

04/27/2012