Megan's Reviews > The Awakening

The Awakening by L.J. Smith

1491945
Dec 08, 08

Read in December, 2008, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** This book was a continuation of the The Vampire diaries. The book was good, but wasn't as good as the last one in my opinion. I didn't like the fact that even though people were enemies in the book they had to work together. I think that took away from the suspence because they weren't fighting anymore, besides having to fight for love, the physical struggle between the three people were gone. Also the book was a little bit more predictable since I have read many fantasy like books and most of the secrets came out in the first part of the sequel. I am happy that I read both of the books, but I expected the second to be better. The beginning of the second book was my least favorite because the main character, a girl named Elena, who was previously in love with a vampire named Stephen changed the way she felt about him and fell in love with his brother. But later in the book, she regained her memory and remembered who she was in love with. Which was a relief. I would recommend anyone who has read the first to read the second, but not to read the second without reading the first.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Awakening.