Cathy's Reviews > Eclipse

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

Feb 25, 09

bookshelves: youngadult
Read in September, 2008

Thank goodness for soccer practice. I had some uninterrupted time to read. I started the day with less than 100 pages, but the darn work day got in the way.

Eclipse had more action - it was almost a decent guy read. I think the tension was better and I must say the fight scenes were pretty gruesome good. Maybe not enough "show don't tell" for me.

Already reading Breaking Dawn, so I'm not sure where this book ended and the other began.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eclipse.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liana (new)

Liana You are obsessed and possessed. I love it. Kaipo just started reading book 2 and did a brochure for english class on book 1.

message 2: by Charuga (new)

Charuga Yes, I would say these books are all consuming!!! I chatted with Aulii today - she mentioned the book on the table (during meeting?), commented that it was as thick as a Bible.....then you showed her the cover. I lol because I totally felt that book pulling you to keep reading... the characters voices still bantering in your head and the clandestine sneeks to read any chance you get. Only problem is the book is so big it's hard to hide it!

message 3: by Jocelyn (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:16AM) (new)

Jocelyn I am half way through breaking dawn, and can't wait to finish it. I find this one much more engaging than the second and third books. I loved twilight best, especially since vampires aren't my thing. I am caught up in her writing and want to deconstruct it as to what makes it so engaging and make me want to finish the book.

message 4: by Liana (new)

Liana My soon to be 15 year old says that Twilight was unbelievably good. She is hooked and INSISTS that I read it even though vampires aren't MY thing. But if Jocelyn says she likes it, I think I might give it a try!

message 5: by Charuga (new)

Charuga Warning: the series is not compatible with sleep, work, play or ...

message 6: by Nani (new)

Nani I'm reading Eclipse now and am enjoying it I, too, am not really interested in any kind of ghoul but Twilight captivated me, urging me to continue with New Moon. I didn't like Bella's whining in New Moon. You almost felt like telling her to suck it up and move on. What a wimp!

Cathy I am proud to say that I did NOT watch the Twilight movie, but I am wondering if theyʻll be forced to change the actor that plays Jake. With his huge growth spurt, I don't see how they can use the same actor. Plus, I wish they would actually use a native American actor and stop calling him a werewolf (you'll understand when you get to Breaking Dawn)

message 8: by ZUICY (new)

ZUICY LOL!!!! I didn't see the movie either.... from what I heard not sure I want to be disappointed - in my mind the pictures, the characters, the action would have to be pretty top notch.

I agree, can't see how they could keep him, unless he works out, bulks out - but I don't think he's old enough yet to put on the serious muscles.