Windy's Reviews > Moon Dance

Moon Dance by J.R. Rain

May 03, 2012

it was ok
Read from April 26 to May 01, 2012

The first book in the Samantha Moon series was hard for me to get into. I felt like I was walking into her story mid series the character building just wasn't there for me. I had to double check to make sure I was reading the first book in the series. Once I got past that and accepted that I may never know what Samantha's back story was beyond some mystery attack I settled in and turned some more pages.

The story itself is interesting enough, especially with the husband I am interested to see what becomes of that in the end. I was a little turned off with the introduction of Fang, but I am looking forward to my lunch break tomorrow to see what happens with Maddy.

The authors repetitiveness and trendy name dropping drives me a little bonkers at times. How many times do I need to be told that; Samantha slathers on the highest SPF sunblock made before she leaves her house during the day? Or that she cant eat human food but can drink wine and water and drains her rare steak of blood? I wanted to shake some sense into the author when she mentions backlighting in the Kindle or Nook (this was before the Kindle Fire and whatever Nooks equiv is). Know your tech if you are going to toss it in for filler.

Some of the repetitiveness could simply be due to the fact that I have been reading one book right after another (it all reads like one big novel split up into 4 books) and I am just catching the authors reminders as I jump from one to the next.

So far the series as a whole is OK. I got the 4 book set from Amazon on a Kindle sale. I am on book 3 now and I think the series makes for great break and lunch time reading at work. While it's interesting enough, I just can't get deeply invested in the characters and it is easy to put down when the clock is up.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moon Dance.