Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews's Reviews > Alexios' Fate

bookshelves: greek, mythology
Read in April, 2012

4 1/2 Hearts

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

Alexios has reached the age to take a mentor, but his father is using it as a way to secure allies through a betrothal. Alexios catches King Lykos’ eye and Alexios finally notices his slave, Galen, and a god decides to shape his future for his kindness towards Apollo’s prophet, Cyrus. But, due to the bitterness and jealousy of one man, everything might be snatched away with Alexios’ life.

I absolutely love Greek mythology and this story is a prime example of the wonders of the Greek gods. Alexios is coming up to his eighteen birthday, the time when he is to choose a mentor. After meeting all the visiting Kings there is little doubt in his mind who he wants as his mentor and that man also happens to heat his blood. Galen has watched his master with lust in his eyes for a while and now finally his master is noticing him back. But, then Galen is attacked in his master’s chambers. Lykos has many reasons for courting Alexios and one of them is to punish Alexios’ father.

There is quite a bit going on in this well written novella and it all leads back to Alexios, in one way or another; his treatment of Cyrus brings him to the attention of Apollo, Lykos’ attention leads Alexios to take more notice of Galen and Alexios father’s bitterness and resentment leads him to call the wrath of the gods. This is a really enjoyable story with a twist for Alexios at the end. Alexios is a red-blooded male who is just finding his oats with men so there are some passionate clinches and longing looks with some special lovemaking for Galen.

The characters in this book are great and meld well together to give us an image in our minds of the interactions and attitudes of the ancient Greeks. The image of the gods having such interaction with the mortals and the rules that even the gods had to abide by. and it gives us an interesting tale that I really enjoyed. I know there are two more stories planned in this series and I am hoping that they will have Cyrus in there somewhere, so we can see how he is progressing.

I will recommend this to those who love Greek mythology, hot sex, gods, the wrath of gods, twisty background stories and a happy for now ending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alexios' Fate.

message 1: by Kayla (new) - added it

Kayla Jameth Thank you for reading Alexios' Fate and taking the time to review it.

I am glad that you enjoyed my story. And yes, Cyrus is one of the main characters in book two.