Josee's Reviews > Sleeping with Paris

Sleeping with Paris by Juliette Sobanet

F_50x66
Apr 26, 12

Read in April, 2012

The book was a little predictable. It had its moments - the beginning was interesting and the first few days in France were good, but then it got way too cliched and didn't get interesting again until almost 70% in when they went to Hannah's wedding. While I understand why Charlotte took on her man-hating persona it was a little overdone and instead of coming off as a young woman, enjoying her freedom, exploring Paris and living her life, she came off more as a girl who just slept around, shirked her classes and friends in favor of drinking a lot of cheap wine. I'm know everyone goes through these phases, but I did find it a tiny bit unrealistic that she took all her fiancee's money and was able to live off it in Paris all summer (and go out/drink as much as she did). I would have liked to see Lexi developed more - I thought she had an interesting story to tell. I also don't understand how Charlotte could have been so blind - it was fairly obvious from the get-go what Luc's secret was.

The last few chapters really moved and really went somewhere and I really wanted to see what happened and how the (predictable) ending came about. This was a change from the middle of the book when I was kind of bored and wished there would be something interesting that happened.

It's not as good as Sophie Kinsella, but it's an easy read if you need to decompress.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sleeping with Paris.