Tyraa's Reviews > Wicked Road to Hell

Wicked Road to Hell by Juliana Stone

Apr 26, 12

Read in April, 2012

I have mixed feelings after reading Wicked Road to Hell. On the one hand the world building and plot was well done but what let me down were the characters. I went in thinking it was a start to a new series but found a lot of plot and back story flow on from another series and the prequal so it left me wanting.

Don’t get me wrong the story wasn’t bad. The basic premise is quite interesting but the relationship between Declan and Ana had a lot of back story that it was hard to follow. I wanted to love them and feel what they were feeling but I couldn’t because I didn’t know their history because it was hinted they had some - I wanted to know the how/when/why’s of it.

The supernatural world intrigued me enough to keep reading though and I did enjoy parts of the story. Despite getting a little lost with the side characters too I managed to muddle my way through. Maybe if I’d read the previous Jaguar series I would have liked this book better but seeing as I’d just jumped in now It just wasn’t for me in the end. I may end up trying something else of hers though in the future.

Rating: 2.5/5

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Road to Hell.