Sherrie's Reviews > Zen and The Art of Murder: A Zen Moses Mystery

Zen and The Art of Murder by Elizabeth M. Cosin

199044
Jul 17, 07

bookshelves: 2006booklist
Recommended for: hard boiled women.
Read in April, 2006

This book had me at the first page when private investigator, Zen Moses, tells us she is very depressed because it’s the holidays and her cat just died. “It rained the day I said goodbye to my best friend.” Okay, that hooked me. A sad Zen stops in at her neighborhood bar and the story begins. At the bar, her cousin, Daniel Moses, is found dead in the bar's walk-in refrigerator. Zen thought Danny had committed suicide 12 years ago, following an argument with her. While looking into his murder, she's occupied with another case that has her searching for the long-lost father of a TV talk-show host. Zen is antisocial, smokes an occasional cigar even though she has fought and won her fight against lung cancer. A fun mystery, with a strong female lead, that travels all over the state of California. I hope this series continues. If they make the movie, Lily Taylor would be a PERFECT Zen. Book #22 of my 2006 Book List, finished reading it on 4-9-06.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Zen and The Art of Murder.