Vanessa's Reviews > Just Like Heaven

Just Like Heaven by Julia Quinn

Apr 26, 12

bookshelves: alternate-pov, romance-historical

Marcus and Honoria's story is a rather sweet one, of a childhood relationship turning into friendship and then into even more. I had a delightful moment reading this book, maily because both characters are very funny (I love it in Julia Quinn's books, the wittiness of dialogs and characters' POVs). It lacked a little bit of passion for my taste _ not enough angst, not enough erotic tension _ that's why I give it a 4 stars review instead of 5 :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Like Heaven.

Quotes Vanessa Liked

Julia Quinn
“He’d spent his life being a perfect gentleman. He’d never been a flirt. He’d never been a rogue. He hated being the center of attention, but by God, he wanted to be the center of her attention. He wanted to do the wrong thing, the bad thing. He wanted to pull her into his arms and carry her to her bed. He wanted to peel every last inch of her clothing from her body, and then he wanted to worship her. He wanted to show her all the things he wasn’t sure he knew how to say.”

Julia Quinn
“And then, well . . . He might have slept for a bit. He rather hoped he was sleeping, because he was quite certain he’d seen a six-foot rabbit hopping through his bedchamber, and if that wasn’t a dream, they were all in very big trouble.

Although really, it wasn’t the rabbit that was so dangerous as much as the giant carrot he was swinging about like a mace.

That carrot would feed an entire village.”

Julia Quinn
“He gave her his best smile. His
best I-almost-died-so-how-can-you-deny-me smile. Or at least
that’s how he hoped it appeared. The truth was, he wasn’t a very
accomplished flirt, and it might very well have come across as an Iam-
mildly-deranged-so-it’s-in-all-of-our-best-interests-if-youpretend-
to-agree-with-me smile.”

Julia Quinn
“This is why I didn’t get married last year,” she said to him. “I wouldn’t be here to nurse you.” She thought about that for a moment. “Of course, one could make the argument that you wouldn’t be in this situation if not for me. But we’re not going to dwell upon that.”
tags: humour