Becs 's Reviews > Hot Number

Hot Number by V.K. Sykes

Apr 30, 12

bookshelves: alpha-hero, contemporary-romance, cover-lust-i-has-it, erotic-romance, kindle, military-romance, shy-heroine, smuttastic
Read from April 28 to 30, 2012

Well, smoking hot cover on the outside and smoking hot romance on the inside. This is my first novel by the husband and wife team V.K. Sykes and I wasn’t disappointed. There’s nothing very heavy going on, no tragedy, it’s just a really good and fun contemporary romance – pretty high on the steam factor.

University Maths Professor Sadie Bligh has been living life by the rules on the straight and narrow in Chicago with a pretty humdrum existence and sex life. She gets overlooked for a prestigious maths award, much to the disapproval of her over-achieving father, and decides to throw caution to the wind and go with her assistant Cassie on a ‘What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas’ week away at the Desert Oasis Casino resort. She’s highly intelligent, talks like she’s swallowed a dictionary, is gorgeous without really being aware of it – she’s definitely the epitome of geek chic!

Nick Saxon (Sherriff Studly!), deputy chief of security at the Casino a, tall, dark and handsome ex-Marine who gave up his military career to care for his ailing mother (what’s not to love here??) is watching Sadie teeter around his casino on ridiculously high skyscraper stilletto heels when she falls arse over tit and faceplants into a poker table. He drags her off to give her a stern warning about sobriety in the casino and escorts her back to her room. There’s an undeniable attraction between them and the next time they meet, she is sunbathing topless by the pool causing mayhem again.

Sadie is doing well at the poker tables – she’s actually counting cards due to her excellent mathematical brain and Nick’s boss (who hates him) orders him to watch her, catch her at it and ban her from all casinos in the US. Nick, of course, is falling for Sadie and they have a sooooper steamy affair. They even get the use of a beautiful spa one night after closing and this makes for a really hot chapter. This will all come to a head and Nick will have to choose between his job and Sadie.

It’s a whole lot of fun, lots of hot sex scenes, Nick is to die for, Sadie is a lovable goof – it’s just a really fun read.

4 stars contemporary erotic romance

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hot Number.

04/28/2012
1.0% "When Sheryl's review for a book starts with "Well HOT DIGGITY DAMN!!!", a girl's gotta be tempted right??"
04/29/2012
47.0% "Oh my, Sheriff Studly!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter LOL Great review, Becs!

Exactly, Becs! I think it was great entertainment!

Becs Thanks Baba - we had rain of biblical proportions all of Sunday here and this book was just perfect for curling up with the cat!

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Wow! I love this book was written by a husband and wife team. Great review, Becs.

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~ Great review, Becs!
Now I'll definitely have to read this, since it seems just like a story I'd enjoy in.

Becs Thanks Kristen and Rain. Hope you enjoy it, Rain x

message 6: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Nice review Becs. I like the sounds of this, it's on the mountain.

Becs Thanks Wendy - you'll love it.