Tung's Reviews > Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit

Forgotten God by Francis Chan

Apr 25, 12

bookshelves: christian-seminary
Read in April, 2012

Chan is one of the most popular and famous pastors in the country. He’s best known for his book Crazy Love, and for his passion and energy when preaching or speaking. Unlike Crazy Love that was written for both Christians and non-Christians, Forgotten God is written primarily for Christians and explores the person and work of the Holy Spirit. Chan’s premise is that the Holy Spirit is one of the least understood and least studied parts of our faith despite being part of the Trinity. And his belief is that were we truly to understand Who He is and what He came to do, we would be leading incredibly powerful lives of faith. The book walks through what Scripture says He can and will do in the life of a believer, as well as tackling topics like why we are afraid of leading Spirit-filled lives, and what obstacles exist in our lives that prevent us from fully experiencing His power. In between chapters, Chan includes very brief stories of Christians (both famous and unknown) and what Spirit-filled living did in their lives. Like the rest of Chan’s writings, the book is a quick and engaging read. Recommended.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forgotten God.