Mollie *scoutrmom*'s Reviews > The Widow's Protector

The Widow's Protector by Rachel Lee

Jun 15, 12

bookshelves: romance, read-in-2012
Recommended for: fans of contemporary romance
Read from June 14 to 15, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Rachel Lee gives us two young characters wounded by destructive relationships with those who left them widowed. They manage to heal each other in some ways.

I did not find the suspense threat part of the plot very realistic, nor the weather extremes. I've read all her earlier books in the series, and it did not seem to me as if the community we have come to know and love so well would have left them so isolated.

Aside from that, it seemed to me as if two very needy people are good for each other, but we may never know if they are together because of the neediness or out of genuine love. Her final words in the book are her telling him for the first time: "I love you too...don't ever leave me."

As for the villain, he had nothing to do with the growing relationship. Had he never existed, they would probably have ended up in the same emotional place, perhaps not so soon.

I did like the protagonists and the story of their interactions. A pretty good read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Widow's Protector.