Mfred's Reviews > Lover Awakened

Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward

Sep 03, 08

bookshelves: romance-paranormal, romance

Maybe its because I'm a ball-bustin feminist, but I have a particular reading obsession with tortured Alpha heroes redeemed by the Power of Luuurve and Zsadist is pretty much the pinnacle of the theme. I picked up this book not realizing it was a series (or not caring) and then was so enthralled, I ran out and got every BDB available at the time.

I can't say much for the most recent books (Vishous and Phury's) but Lover Awakened is like a drug. It calls to me from my bookshelf and I have read and re-read it. The hero is so tortured, he's actually physically deformed. He can't have sex. He frightens women and children. Its such a twist on the romance genre, its amazing-- I mean, how do you redeem a character like this and get him to a happily ever after? The heroine is alright, as far as Ward's female characters go, but I don't love Bella like I love Zsadist.

And this book is just great, mainly because of the Z character. The bad guys, the plot, whatever. Give me Z everytime.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Awakened.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Beth F. You just said "Luuurve" !!!

Awesome. :)

Lily Pilly I can see myself reading this book several times, like a really cold winter night all wrapped up in my duvet and a nice coffee by myside