Abbie's Reviews > The Midwife's Legacy

The Midwife's Legacy by Rhonda Gibson

Jun 29, 12

bookshelves: 2012, christian-historical-fiction, christian-romance, netgalley-read, blog-reviewed
Read from June 24 to 25, 2012

Another great book in the Romancing America series. We start in the 1800’s and work our way to present day. The ladies in each story are midwifes and a special journal which is handed down to the next generation of midwifes is also a part of each story.

What I liked: This was a good book. I really liked how the stories where told. I found the subject of midwifery quite interesting. The romance was also good and left me wishing for more stories!

What I did not like: In the 2nd story about Polly I wish there had been a little more development when it came to her issues with her father abandoning her when she was a baby. Also in the last two stories I had a little trouble figuring how how the characters in the story before where related to the current character.

Over all this was a great book and I really enjoyed it! I felt each of the stories where good in there own right and how they all fit together with the journal was cool. I definitely recommend this book and the series as well.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Midwife's Legacy.