Vangelicmonk's Reviews > A Biblical Case for an Old Earth

A Biblical Case for an Old Earth by David Snoke

Nov 17, 08

bookshelves: theology
Read in November, 2008

This book had been sitting on my stack of "currently reading" for a long time as I read other books in the mean time. I always would go back to it and do a section at a time.

Well now that I'm finishing up an apologetics course and I have to write a paper, I decided to write about the different Christian approaches to Genesis and how that applies to apologetics.

Snoke's books is the first book I have read that seems to seriously approach the issue of science and theology in a rational, objective and still orthodox Christian way. I think his views on how Biblical Interpretation not only can see an Old earth, but actually does see an Old Earth is enlightening and goes with my Hermeneutics courses. Moreover, his view on a local flood is fascinating in the context of how portions of scripture are translated funny and how it is theologically tenable. Finally, Snoke's interesting take on how the Fall did not necessarily make nature "evil" but that God's judgment on Man by placing Him in a "wrathful, but designed" world that had existed outside of the garden has been on my mind since I first started reading it.

Thus, I have changed some of my views slightly and it has made me evaluate the different views. This is a debate within Christianity, but as Snoke states, there are some essentials that must be held to. Even by those who hold a theistic evolution view.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Biblical Case for an Old Earth.