Anne Ruthmann's Reviews > 30-Second Theories: The 50 Most Thought-provoking Theories in Science, Each Explained in Half a Minute

30-Second Theories by Paul Parsons

May 15, 12

Read from April 01 to May 15, 2012 — I own a copy

My science education was quite lacking during school. I loved it, but often had to choose between art and science. I believe that the answers of life live in the intersections of science and art. With that said, this book is a great way for me to brush up on a lot of the understandings of the universe that I missed in school. It breaks down complex theories into a short explanation- even though the explanations are somewhat incomplete... the short overall ideas are rich for a short justification of a scientific theory. If you see a theory that interests you, you could always go and study it further to get a better understanding. But for the basics of current scientific theories that are driving current thought and research, it's a great intro that's well designed with fun illustrations and is easy to read in short bursts - which is perfect for artists like me who want to maximize their creative thinking and creation time, but still like to keep up on the larger understandings of science. ;-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 30-Second Theories.