Samantha Smith's Reviews > Poppy Done to Death

Poppy Done to Death by Charlaine Harris

Jun 02, 12

bookshelves: cozy-mystery
Read from April 25 to June 02, 2012

This book was just okay. I was drawn to this book because the main character is a librarian. I meant to pick up the first book in the series but accidentally picked up the last book in the series. oops. I wonder if I would have liked this book more if I had read it in series order. The book frequently mentioned previous adventures and episodes that occured in previous books leaving me feeling left out. I had picked this book for the librarian element but was sad to discover she didn't seem to do much library work. The plot seemed contrived and I have a hard time believing the motive. I actually considered the killer as a suspect early in the book but then dismissed the thought because it would be too ridiculous. It seemed like the author threw in all these characters but didn't seem to do a very thorough job in writing about any of them. I would have rathered she had less characters and more depth. Oh well. I might read these books in series order but I'm not rushing out to do it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Poppy Done to Death.