★Ruth★'s Reviews > Tempting the Best Man

Tempting the Best Man by J. Lynn

Jan 01, 14

bookshelves: series-read-na-romance
Read from May 06 to 07, 2012

Wow I am so in the minority right now it's not even funny.

Let me start by saying that I enjoy Jennifer's writing style especially in Obsidian and I also love a good steamy romance.

But unfortunately with this I felt like I'd read it all before & better.

I know this was a novella but I've read novella's before & been able to connect with the characters for eg Connected.

I was so tired of hearing how humiliated & rejected the h (I can't remember her name, it's like i wiped it from my memory or something) felt & how hopelessly in love she was with Chase.

As for Chase...yeah he didn't exactly set my world on fire.

After reading the first few chapters, waiting & waiting to be sucked into the story I gave up & just started skimming (I hate to not finish a book).

It was inevitable that the two would get together & then misunderstand each other then get back together..it was SO predictable.

And to be honest I didn't really care either way.

So many of my goodreads friends who have read this have absolutely loved it so it is obviously just me, maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind to read this or something I don't know, but it just didn't do it for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempting the Best Man.

01/01 marked as: series-read-na-romance

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Aestas Book Blog you too huh? lol

★Ruth★ Yup...:-(

Effs same here..

★Ruth★ Yay I don't feel so alone anymore :)

Aestas Book Blog Lol it's always awkward being the only person who didn't love a book. You aren't alone :)

★Ruth★ Aestas **aka Crazinneldy** wrote: "Lol it's always awkward being the only person who didn't love a book. You aren't alone :)"

IKR so many of the other girls loved it that I really thought there was something wrong with me LOL

message 7: by Amy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amy same here

Duchess Nicole It was easily forgettable for me, too.

★Ruth★ Phew...I'm starting to feel a bit better about it now :)

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) I agree with your review.

★Ruth★ Thanks Terri :) Did you not enjoy it either?

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) It wasn't as good as I hoped. I did enjoy but it wasn't the freshest plot. Still the Gamble brother was totally hot.

★Ruth★ I think due the hotness that is Daemon (or Dawson in your case) I was just expecting so much more :(

If it ain't good I don't read it ! My thoughts exactly of And I love the lax..... Wait no lox.... I think it was the lex series
:/ of fuck it the Obsidian book series thingi yeah I loved that to :)

★Ruth★ If it ain't good I don't read it ! wrote: "My thoughts exactly of And I love the lax..... Wait no lox.... I think it was the lex series
:/ of fuck it the Obsidian book series thingi yeah I loved that to :)"

LOL Lux series :)

message 16: by Chlo (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chlo I agree with you TOTALLY...it was just...eh. It was nothing. It was okay, it was fine, totally all right. But nothing special...and this coming after the Lux series and Covenant series...total letdown! :S

★Ruth★ Fingers crossed the next installment is better!

Shh I'm reading! It wasn't just you. I felt the same way.

★Ruth★ Good to know Shh, she has so many die hard fans that I am nearly scared to write a negative review LOL

Bonnie Couldn't agree more

★Ruth★ Bonnie wrote: "Couldn't agree more"

glad to hear it :)