False Millennium's Reviews > The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl

The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond

Apr 25, 2012

did not like it
Read in April, 2012

First of all, why would you even buy this book since all of the recipes are on her website for free--unless you just had to have the complete Pioneer Woman Experience--and there are legions. She is highly marketed. What you aren't told is that her husband is something like the eighth largest land owner in the U.S. She has staff on many levels. In other words, she's a 1%'er who can choose to create and live her life style. Not a simple ranch wife. Not by a long shot.

She's quick to admit, this is not healthy food. Lots of butter and chocolate and cheese and carbs. Old-fashioned, one might say, but also one in keeping with this persona she has developed. Nothing for me to prepare, but good recipes for the masses who eat in this manner.

Every time I come across her, all I can think is how vastly different her life would be with a farm, four children and poverty-level income. The charm would evaporate like a stick of melted butter over corn muffins.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pioneer Woman Cooks.

02/28/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca Barrow Very true lol...

message 2: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann Fisher False Millennium your cimment oozes hate and jealousy. She married well but is making her own way and her food is delicious. She is inspiring everyday people to get in the kitchen and cook. And, rather than sell her products at Macy's or Kohls, she is selling at Wal-Mart at very affordable prices. She, her husband and kids are all hard working and down to Earth and yet, you can't find any positive to say. Shame on you for being part of the dissention and growing divide in the country.

Chan Goodness I'm reading some of this and I'm in disbelief simply because I like Ree and I watch her almost everyday.. I have learned throughout life you will always have 1 or 2 bad apples that will try to smear your name kindly avoid those types..