False Millennium's Reviews > The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl

The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond

Apr 25, 12

Read in April, 2012

First of all, why would you even buy this book since all of the recipes are on her website for free--unless you just had to have the complete Pioneer Woman Experience--and there are legions. She is highly marketed. What you aren't told is that her husband is something like the eighth largest land owner in the U.S. She has staff on many levels. In other words, she's a 1%'er who can choose to create and live her life style. Not a simple ranch wife. Not by a long shot.

She's quick to admit, this is not healthy food. Lots of butter and chocolate and cheese and carbs. Old-fashioned, one might say, but also one in keeping with this persona she has developed. Nothing for me to prepare, but good recipes for the masses who eat in this manner.

Every time I come across her, all I can think is how vastly different her life would be with a farm, four children and poverty-level income. The charm would evaporate like a stick of melted butter over corn muffins.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pioneer Woman Cooks.